DIRECTOR: Douglas Montgomery
A man of many talents, Douglas more than just a director. From humble backgrounds in training with some of the best Melbourne has to offer in dance, theatre, cabaret and circus arts to working in reknowned venues like La Mama to The Arts Centre, he prides himself on creating edgy and relevant theatre in Melbourne. In his "spare" time he devides his attention between being teacher in Theatre, Drama and Film as well as supporting new up and coming independant artists in Melbourne.
Directed productions include:
- Just another Tuesday Night (Nominated - Best Direction, Arts Centre)
- Imagine the Afterlife (Winner - Best Production, Short But Not So Sweet)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Heidelberg Theatre Company)
- Arabesque (Winner - Best Direction, Melbourne Short + Sweet)
- Is it a Crime? (Chapel off Chapel)
- The Woman in the Window by Alma De Groen (Brunswick MIPAC)
- The Most Lamentable Tale of Artemis Athol (Sydney Short + Sweet)
His other credits include Production Manager for the "Parliament of the Worlds Religions" where he met the Dali Llama, Production Manager on the 2011 and 2012 Voyages Australia Day Concerts. Stage Manager, Lighting, Set, A/V and Sound Designer for countless productions at La Mama, Theatreworks, Federation Square, Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Brunswick MIPAC, Kew Renaissance Theatre,Cromwell Rd, and many more.
Further, Douglas has collaborated and produced works across melbourne and nationally for Companies like Fly-On-The-Wall Theatre, Hoy Polloy, Komissar Kabaret, Sister's Grimm, Boroondara Theatre Company, Heidelberg Theatre Company, Defector Art Theatre, La Trobe Student Theatre, Melbourne Writer's Theatre, Bearing your Arts, Crash Test Drama, Company White Wolf, Avid Theatre and many more. In 2008 he began Broken Mirror Productions as a Rehearsal Venue, Production and Theatre Support Company.